Ad

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Today Feature: Vintage Vests

Remember when vest where a thing? My mother was a banker, in the 80s and 90s she had all of the trendest clothes, big hair and even bigger sholder pads. Oh how I love sholder pads, eventhough I shouldn't with having a bigger upper body. My mother had this one outfit, that I wish I had today. It was a canary yellow oversized blazer with massive sholder pads. Yes, I loved that blazer and the yellow pumps she had to go with it. 🤩 She also had this outfit, pumps included, in purple. I tried to convince her to wear one purple shoe and one yellow but she did not go for it, lol. Being a business woman, my mother also rocked the odd vest. When my sister and I got older, we even got to wear some her vest at horse shows and other special occasions.
This Vintage Boho Leather Vest is just like the one my mother wouldn't let me wear.


Vintage Ivon Clay 100% caramel brown leather vest, garment is sized large. This tuxedo cut vest has working pockets, great spot to keep your lip gloss.

Oh vest where all the rage back in those days, it's funny how styles come back around. Never in a million years would I think that the mullets would come back and now I find myself wanting one. For right now I will settle with my shag until I get up enough nerve for the mullet. Speaking of flash backs, check out this...


This vest is hand crafted jean vest, salvaged from a jean skirt. The inside is a soft pink plaid flannel. The vest has hand stitched diamonds matching the plaid flannel inlay and hand sewn multicolored buttons detail.

I remember my favorite vest, I got my grade 5 school picture taken in it, even rocking a perm! I was super excited when I found this Vintage Boho Navajo print crop denim vest it instantly reminded me of my elementary school favorite. 

Omg, this vest has everything I love! Its vintage, bobo, and Navajo print, plus it denim. I would also consider this vest to be a crop vest, it is very short. Being a Medium it is just too small for me. Darn it, my loss your gain!

Well that's all of the vest I currently have in my closet. Today at the thrift store you'll never guess what I found!

My very own oversized blazer complete with the big sholder pads, now all I have to do is find some white pumps!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Feature- My New Listings

Burr its a cold one today, well -5c isn't that cold but after this weekend it sure does seem cold.  It definitely felt cold yesterday wh...