Ad

Monday, March 15, 2021

Welcome

What, who is Patches In Time Revisited? Well I am many things, I wear many hats during the day.  First off I am a mother of 2, a step-mother of 2 and a wife. I also have a career in heath care, I am a Continuing Care Aide working in Long-term Care.  I also have many passions, besides being a mother and a care giver. I enjoy painting, gardening, cooking, basically anything that I can create myself I enjoy doing.  Today I actually had time to start my own bedding plants for my garden. Every year I try to grow something different and unusual, this year's mini project is Peanuts. I am sure that I will be giving updates on how my peanuts are doing, although peanuts have nothing to do with why I am starting this blog.


I am actually starting this blog because I have decided to try my hand in repurposing vintage textiles, such as quilts, blanks, clothing, by selling them on sale platforms, like poshmark.  In hopes to make some extra income.  Since covid has started my husband is not making the same amount of income as he was before the pandemic. My husband is a dream husband who is beyond supportive and the best partner I could have ever hoped for. We co-everything, like parenting, cooking, housework, gardening, you name it we do it as a team. He is also the best father I could ever ask for to help parent our children.  My husband is working hard to come up with extra income as well, he is even considering a career change, to something less physical. 

So why do I want to repurpose vintage textiles? I have a couple of reasons, one being that I find them super cool. Especially the hand crafted item like the quilts and crochet blanket, these items where crafted with care and love. Quilts many times where made with the scraps of old clothing and materials. Quilting also provided ladies with social time, one quilt was usually made by many ladies sitting around a huge quilting board chatting it up while they perfected their craft. A past time that is no longer the norm, but maybe should be. Many of the crocheted blankets, that grandma and great aunties crafted by hand, are being donated to animal shelters. Now don't get me wrong, these donations are important to the shelters, but how about we enjoy these beautiful pieces of art first by allowing them to revisit our home?

 

I also have been giving a lot of thought to my environmental footprint. I'm not going to toss out a bunch of numbers to impose quilt about possibly ruining the environment, because that can be found on google.  What I am trying to do is everything I can.  Now when you live in a small rural town in Saskatchewan, the thought trying to reduce your environmental footprint is overwhelming. For example we do not have public transportation, our town has a population just over 600 people, we literally have to drive everywhere. But little by little I have been doing my best to factor in the environment into my daily life. Recently I rehomed an old bike, so now I will bike to work; that is if this snow will ever goes away. I also compost everything I can. A good friend of mine gave me composting worms (I'm sure I will be talking about these way too much as well), not only do they compost my organics they make me dirt! Decided to thrift quality items, with the goal for them to revisit a new home where they can be enjoyed once more, is just another way I am trying to do my part.

 Please visit my closet on Poshmark Canada by clicking here https://posh.mk/wijNEyJjFeb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Feature- My New Listings

Burr its a cold one today, well -5c isn't that cold but after this weekend it sure does seem cold.  It definitely felt cold yesterday wh...